Video4Good producers regularly travel to New York, California, Vermont and other great locations to film. However, we always love to come home to Western Massachusetts! We’re based in the Pioneer Valley and many of our clients, including Smith College and ISO New England, are here. Our studio is in an historic textile mill, now full of creative businesses, and that’s just one of the great things about being out here.
Here are 5 more reasons we love where we live in New England:
1. Natural beauty. The towns and cities here are part of the Connecticut River Valley and, as a result, rich with farms, rivers, trees and pretty spots to canoe and kayak. Nearby hill towns are currently the place to be to for striking fall foliage and every kind of fall festival imaginable. Back in our studio, the windows face Mount Tom, part of a small, forested mountain range perfect for hiking and cross-country skiing.
2. Colleges and universities. UMass Amherst, Mt. Holyoke College, Smith College, Amherst College and Hampshire College are the best known, but plenty of smaller schools fill out our part of the knowledge corridor. Students and professors from around the world give this place a spark we love.
3. Art and music. Northampton, the town down the road from us, was voted one of the top small cities for art in America. We agree, and many of the surrounding towns, including ours, deserve that title, too. A taste: Live music by big and small name artists, art galleries, museums and, in our neighborhood, outdoor bear sculptures decorated by local artists.
4. Socially conscious mindset. Sometimes it feels like there’s a competition for who’s the most socially conscious around here. Talk about the good kind of competition. Local officials, business owners and citizens are all passionate about environmental and social issues.
5. Big cities. V4G producers like the small town lifestyle here, but when we want to step up the pace, it’s only a two hour drive to Boston and three hours to NY. Want to see a Broadway show or relax on a beach on Cape Cod? Easy.
If you want to see more, check out our videos for clients in western MA.